Volker Stevin Highways Ltd. (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the following full time salaried positions available located in Olds, Alberta.
Area Superintendent, Highways
Job ID# 6602519
Volker Stevin Highways Ltd. is seeking experienced Area Superintendent to oversee our CMA 514 highway maintenance area (Nordegg, Rocky Mountain House, Caroline, Sundre, and Olds); working out of Olds, Alberta. The Area Superintendent position is a leadership role that plans and oversees all Highway Operations for their assigned area in order to advance the safe and effective functioning of the Highway Division and ensures the highway maintenance program is delivered as per contract requirements and specifications in a safe, environmentally conscious, timely and cost-effective manner. While supporting the strategic priority of ensuring superior client satisfaction as well as contributing to revenue growth and cost reduction.
The Ideal Candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Five years of experience in a management/supervisory role and at least ten years of experience in the Highway Maintenance industry or related field experience.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s License (Class 3, preferred), with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Ability to manage business operations and coordinate the efforts of maintenance crews with the assistance of the CT and/or Foremen and operational management 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Proven experience with resource management.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all direct reports.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivation of employees.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
o Ability in MS Excel to develop spreadsheets for project estimating, manpower and equipment data collection.
o Ability in MS Word to prepare letters and reports as required for project estimates for other clients.
o Ability in MS Outlook to send/receive email, manage inbox, manage calendar, etc.
- Experience with ViewPoint ERP, an asset.
Work Environment / Conditions:
- High level of social contact; works closely with supervised staff.
- Communicates by telephone, e-mail, and in-person discussions (i.e. writing emails, letters and memos).
- Travel for onsite visits, meetings, etc., is required.
- On-call availability is required year-round.
Click for more details - Area Superintendent Position Profile
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
How to Apply:
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Highways Ltd., quoting Competition #6602519:
By email: 2019Highways@volkerstevin.ca
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.