Volker Stevin Highways Ltd.10.12.18
Volker Stevin Highways Ltd. (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the following full-time hourly position available located at our ALDERSYDE Repair Facilities Shop
(JOB ID: 4307418)
Volker Stevin Highways Ltd. is seeking a Heavy-Duty Technician Journeyman to work at our Aldersyde shop. Supporting the Strategic Priority of Optimizing Equipment Utilization, under the mentorship and supervision of the Foreman, the Heavy-Duty Technician Journeyman will perform duties and tasks related to the preventative and corrective maintenance of specialized construction equipment and other related construction equipment and vehicles.
This job entails all aspects of optimizing and maintaining equipment with duties such as, but not limited to, the following: perform and complete Basic welding repairs and Oxy / acetylene torch cutting , preform and complete simple Fabrication with approval from Supervisor / Foreman, use various hand and power hand tools, operates equipment such as overhead or mobile cranes and forklifts to assist in assignments and investigate and locate equipment problems and take corrective action in order to minimize the impact on crew production.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Alberta Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic license or 4th year apprentice will be considered
• Extensive experience in all aspects of repair to highway maintenance equipment.
• Demonstrated abilities in equipment repair and maintenance.
• Current Alberta Class 3 Operators license with Q endorsement.
• Knowledge of operation of all highway equipment owned and operated by VSH.
• Tools required to repair Light and Heavy trucks.
• Physical Capabilities (i.e. lift to 50 - 100 LBS).
• CVIP Inspection License or ability to obtain a CVIP Inspection License
• Perform CVIP’s.
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
Click for more details - Heavy Duty Technician Position Profile
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Highways, quoting Competition #4307418 - HD Technician
By email: Careers@volkerstevin.ca
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.