Volker Stevin Highways Ltd. is seeking an experienced Foreman for our Highway Maintenance Division in Medicine Hat, AB.
Under direction of the area Superintendent, the Foreman is a knowledgeable and experienced leader coordinating Highway Maintenance Operations and managing workers for their assigned area. The Foreman is the key person in charge of ensuring the Highway Maintenance program is delivered according to contract specifications while coordinating with various functions to manage the deliverables and the day-to-day operations. With a keen awareness of materials expenses, permits and other regulations, as well as employee safety are all top-of-mind for the Foreman.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Highway Maintenance or similar field.
- High School Diploma or extensive field experience.
- Valid Class 1 (preferred) or Class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement.
- Valid clean driver’s abstract.
- Experience in the operation of a Snowplow; minimum 50 hours behind the wheel.
- Experience and aptitude for operation and minor maintenance of light, medium, and heavy equipment.
- In-depth experience with relevant health and safety policies and procedures.
- Perform physically demanding tasks.
- Valid Standard First Aid Certificate (preferred).
- Basic Computer use with Microsoft Office knowledge (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Basic Cellphone use and technical capabilities.
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.