Volker Stevin Highways Ltd. is seeking experienced HD Journeyman Technician to work in Aldersyde, Alberta. Under the direction of the HD Tech. Foreman, this position will performs duties and tasks related to the preventative and corrective maintenance of specialized construction equipment and other related construction equipment and vehicles.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- Alberta Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic license.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of repair to highway maintenance equipment.
- Demonstrated abilities in equipment repair and maintenance.
- Valid Alberta Class 3 Operators license with Q endorsement; or Class 1 would be an asset.
- Physical Capabilities (i.e. ability to lift 50 – 100 LBS).
- CVIP Inspection License or ability to obtain a CVIP Inspection License.
- Perform CVIP’s.
- Computer experience as it relates to documentation and equipment diagnostic systems.
- Mobile phones technical capabilities (i.e. sending documents, etc.).
- Online researching capabilities (i.e. finding information on equipment repair, diagnoses, etc.).
- Basic Computer use.
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement.
Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.