Volker Stevin Highways Ltd. is seeking experienced Highway Maintenance Worker/Operators (I or II depending on experience).
Under direction of Foreman, this position is skilled to safely operate variety of heavy equipment used in highways maintenance work. Highway Maintenance Worker/Operator is responsible for highway maintenance and bridge equipment operation and maintenance; and will perform labor intensive duties as required, ensuring that Highway Maintenance Program is delivered according to contract specifications.
This job entails all aspects of road maintenance with such duties as, but not limited to: equipment operation/truck driving, physical labor, roadside and highway maintenance functions, sign replacement, guard rail maintenance, flagging, snow plowing and other tasks as assigned. All duties are performed in varying weather conditions.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- Valid Class 1 (preferred) or Class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement.
- Clean and valid driver’s abstract.
- Experience in snowplow operation – minimum 50 hours behind the wheel.
- Experience and aptitude for operation and minor maintenance of light, medium, and heavy equipment.
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks.
- Valid Standard First Aid Certificate (preferred).
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.